Saturday, September 19, 2020

Age Of Apocalypse

A while back, the band Mindforce posted in their Instagram stories to promote a new record by some band named Age Of Apocalypse. I'd never heard of them, but I'm a big fan of Mindforce so that was good enough for me.

Age Of Apocalypse has a sound that I really struggle to define. Is it metal? Is it hardcore? The vocals are not what you'd expect, but somehow they really remind me of some 90's hardcore band, but I can't really put my finger on who it is. I'm not really sure how much I like this record, but I keep getting drawn back to it to give it another spin. This is definitely a different kind of record, and a good choice if you want something that isn't more of the same.

No doubt, the vinyl is fucking ugly. The mock up over at Fuzz Records looked much better than the actual colored vinyl. 150 pressed on this pink/green/black starburst color.

2 comments:

dana said...

WOW! thanks for sharing. These guys sound like Life of Agony (River Runs Red) but just slowed down a bit :) A little bit of the old Boston band Only Living Witness in there. Great post.

Mike said...

Yes! They reminded me of Only Living Witness...maybe not completely comparable in sound, but the singing vocals over the metallic guitars definitely had me comparing the two.