Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I'll Never Grow Up

A few years ago I watched the We Are Twisted F***ing Sister documentary, and it opened my eyes to a couple of early Twisted Sister 7 inch singles that I never knew existed. This band was a huge influence on me as a kid, and to first discover these early records some 35 years down the line, well, I was shocked. I was pretty stoked to quickly grab a copy of their second 7 inch, Bad Boys, but I knew that getting my hands on the first record was going to be more of a challenge.

The first Twisted Sister 7 inch, I'll Never Grow Up, Now! b/w Under The Blade was self-released by the band back in 1979. Since the band released their first album in '82, and I didn't hear Twisted Sister until Stay Hungry was released in 1984, it blows my mind that the band released their first 7 inch at the close of the 70's.

The first press of the first 7 inch carries a pretty high price tag. It doesn't run as high as the Motley Crue or Def Leppard 7 inches, but generally sellers list the Twisted Sister record a bit outside of what I want to pay. It turns out that there was a reissue later in '79 that added the "Twisted Sister A Registered Trademark" text to the record label, and I found a seller that was willing to let it go for a price that was well within what I wanted to pay. Easy decision to pick up this piece of history.

No comments: