Sunday, March 11, 2018

I Believe In Getting The Bastard

Last Summer I was on a huge New Model Army kick, and then band pretty much dominated my playlist when I would go out for a run. There was just something about those songs that kept me fired up while I was ticking off miles on the roads. My NMA record collection was pretty weak, yet I had trouble pulling the trigger on any vinyl that I was checking out on Discogs. I ended up throwing the band's first full length album, Vengeance, into my Discogs Want List, and then I pretty much just ignored it as I moved on to other obsessions.

Discogs has a great system of notifying you when a record on your Want List is available, and after seeing notifications continually pop up for Vengeance, I was getting sick of seeing the reminders. A $10 copy of the UK first pressing popped up recently from a US seller, and I knew it was time to finally cross this one off the list.

This record is so damn good. Let's queue up Running In The Rain, lace up the shoes, and hit the road for a few miles.

No comments: