Thursday, October 05, 2017

Your Life, My Life In '87

As I was working my way through my '87 playlist, I rediscovered a few forgotten treasures. At the top of the list was the Split Image album from Excel.

I was already familiar with the album, having owned it originally on cassette as a kid, and then on CD when it was reissued in 2000...but still, I'm not sure if I really appreciated it as much as I should have. Queuing up the songs for my drive to work, I was quickly amazed at how great this record truly is. With it's hooks firmly in place, I couldn't resist playing the album day after day after day.

With the album quickly becoming one of my favorites for 1987, it was obvious that I needed to track down the original vinyl pressing.

Sometimes I'm a sucker for the merch insert, and will gladly pay more than the going rate to get my hands on a record that includes one. The Split Image insert looks sick, and there was no way that I was going to walk away without one.

No comments: