Saturday, October 07, 2017

More 1987? You Got It!

While I was reviewing my '87 playlist, Excel quickly shot to the top of my list with Split Image, but let's not overlook that the entire fucking year was amazing for Crossover albums. Right in the middle of it all, Gang Green had an album that was connecting with some solid punches of their own.

You Got It ended up being another long lost treasure. Outside of their early Hardcore stuff, I'd pretty much written Gang Green off...forgetting all about how great their Crossover shit was. Revisiting it during my '87 obsession, and suddenly I'm thinking that You Got It might be my favorite Gang Green record.

Sure some of the lyrics can get goofy and cheesy...but you'll still find this Straight Edge kid singing along to Let's Drink Some Beer.

One of the big selling points for this copy was that the seller listed it with two green promo sheets, and the glossy promo shot. I love the extras!

No comments: