Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Th' Inbred Reproduction

Back in the mid to late 80's, when I first started discovering punk, one of the early bands that I'd heard was Th' Inbred. I love that band...in fact, to this day, their 1986 LP, A Family Affair, remains one of my favorite hardcore/punk records of all time.

I've had an eBay alert set for the Reproduction EP from Th' Inbred for a long time now. The record doesn't show up very often, but over the years, each time I'd get a notification that one was available, I'd make some excuse to let it pass me by. Since the theme of 2017 seems to be "I buy what the fuck I want", when a copy of Th' Inbred 7 inch recently came on to my radar, I threw more money out the window, just to cross another big item off my Want List.

This EP doesn't measure up the the two albums from the band, but it is still a fun listen with a heavy influence of Dead Kennedys, and I'm stoked to finally have this underrated classic in the collection.

1 comment:

gjhead said...

Many fabulous, underrated bands have come out of Morgantown, WV.