Friday, August 18, 2017

Naive To A World

I was late to the party with the Discrepancy release from Youngblood. I was not going to make that mistake this time around. I was itching for some new Hardcore bands, and as soon as the D.C. Disorder record was available for preorder, I was there.

It has been a long time since I've been gone overboard and bought every pressing that is available for a record, but listening to all these new Hardcore bands had me experiencing record collecting flashbacks...back when I was super excited over multiple pressings...and I was loving what heard from D.C. Disorder, so I jumped straight into the deep end.

D.C. Disorder features the bass player from Worn Thin, who were around in the early 2000's. I caught them live at the Youth Of Today reunion back in 2004...and since reunions weren't the everyday occurrence that they are these days, a few of us hoped in a car and made the drive to Pennsylvania to catch the show. Worn Thin played, and I remember being surprised to see their bass player with this spiked mohawk. Over 10 years later, and it looks like the dude is still maintaining it! Damn, that is some dedication.

150 pressed on blue, 200 on red, and 300 on black.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Is the mohawk dude they guy who was also in Set To Explode? I think it may be. Saw them play back in about 2006 and they were awesome, but it sounds like a similar thing - I was shocked to see this full on punk dude in the band. Someone told me later that he is/was straight edge too which was cool. Oh yeah, I missed this 7" completely. Bummer. YB releases sell out super fast these days, its crazy.

Mike said...

You got it...same guy.