Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mindset Liveset

It's hard to believe that the live Mindset album went up for pre-order back in May last year. As I mentioned in my last post, there were all kinds of delays with this record. Colby from Upside Down Records would be out of touch while on tour with bands, and deadlines were promised but not followed through on. At this point, I still don't think that everyone has received their order. What a mess.

110 on gold. 220 on white. 220 on black.

Recorded live at the A Time We'll Remember fest back in 2009, this album really captures the intensity and sincerity of Mindset. I'm generally not a big fan of live albums. They have to really give me something special to stand out, and this album does just that. I'm glad this is more than just a collection of live songs...if you've seen Mindset live, you know that Ev likes to talk between songs, and that is all captured here. Bloodstains is an amazing song, and Mindset sure do it justice here.

3 comments:

Disposable Income said...

great blog. beats the hella outta mine. but thanks for checking it out anyway. this is a damn good live record btw.

Anonymous said...

you NEED this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280691625481&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Mike said...

I definitely do. Will be watching, thanks.