Saturday, January 22, 2011

Das Boots

I really didn't expect to ever receive these records. Shortly after I won them, I realized that the seller was Colby Malone. You see, Colby runs Upside Down Records and recently threw his reputation off a bridge when he hit delay after delay in sending out the new Mindset Live LP. There were excuses and promises on dates when they would be sent, but there were still numerous hardcore kids waiting for their records.

I won all four of these Iron Boots records from Colby. Of course I wasn't going to pay the $16 shipping charge from winning four records with $4.00 shipping fees for each. So I sent a request for an invoice, with the expectation that we could combine the shipping fees. A day or so later, I haven't received a response, so I send another request for an invoice. Again, no response. So I send another...and another...and another. Finally, after I had given up on the eBay win, and after about two weeks had passed, I finally received the requested invoice.

The combined shipping for the four records was $10.00, the actual postage was for almost $4.00. I guess the extra $6.00 was for the paper envelope that he used for packaging...or maybe I'll look on the positive side and think of the extra $6.00 as an investment in finally getting those Mindset LP's shipped.

I did receive a small bit of good news about the LP's after all.

I think that I got a great deal on all these Iron Boots records. This copy on gold colored vinyl only cost me about $8.00, and was the most expensive of the bunch.

This copy was pressed on Brain Grenade Records, and I've lost track of all the other copies of this Demo 7 inch that I've added to the collection. Between Brain Grenade, Damaged, and Grave Mistake Records pressings, I've lost track of which ones that I have and which ones I still need.

This was the first time I purchased the Easy Green EP, and I picked up all the different pressings in one shot.

Black vinyl with the silk screened cover. Grey insert. 200 pressed.

Green colored vinyl. Light green insert. 450 pressed.

Black vinyl from the first press with the regular cover. Dark green insert. 500 pressed.

The first pressing was the only one that ended up getting numbered. I'm happy to have a nice low number.

1 comment:

Wade said...

im trying to grow my iron boots collecitons