Friday, May 11, 2007

Second Outbreak

I got the second pressing of the Outbreak album the other week. It's red vinyl with some slight yellow streaks in it...limited to 1,000. One of the surprises for 2006, this album is so much fun. The band is from my home state of Maine, so it is pretty sad that I have only seen the band live 3 or 4 times, but then again, I don't get out to shows very much anymore. Modern Life is War played down the road from my house last week, and it was too much trouble for me to get out and see them. Fuck, I'm getting old.

3 comments:

xroldx said...

One of the most surprising records of last year, I love the voice of the singer and the trashy sound.

Too old to go out and see MLIW? Damn Mike I'm sure you missed out on a great show.

Mike said...

Well, Death Before Dishonor was playing with MLIW, and I didn't want to deal with the tough guy crowd that would surely be drawn to the show. Excuses, excuses.

xroldx said...

Yeah I get the point. I wouldn't like to be standing in a tough guy crowd as well. It's very much not my kind of hardcore that's for sure.