Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Matter Of Life And Death

I used a $20 gift certificate that I got for Christmas, and put it towards the new Iron Maiden double album. It is a limited edition double picture disc, and the whole thing looks amazing with the gatefold sleeve. When I first picked up the album, I was amazed at how heavy the package felt....very solid. This is a very good album. It doesn't compare to the classic Maiden releases of the 80's, as the band still insists on writing these epic 10 minute tracks, but there is still some great stuff on this record. My only complaint is that this is pressed as a picture disc. I generally don't like picture discs...Especially when the packaging only consists of a clear plastic sleeve. Plus, picture discs tend to have a poor sound quality to them. I would have appreciated this more if it was pressed on regular black vinyl.

No comments: