Friday, March 24, 2006

Iron Age


I received my Iron Age pre-order from Youngblood records. It is on yellow vinyl with the deluxe embossed cover. Pretty slick looking. I saw them open up the Planet Mental record release show. The singer used to front Far From Breaking, and a friend told me that FFB were better, with more of straight forward 'youth crew' hardcore sound. I had never heard either band. Iron Age bored me at the show, although this album rocks a damn good hardcore style with some touches of early Metallica-type metal. I bought a Far From Breaking 7 inch at the Posi-Numbers festival, and I would agree with my friend and take FFB over Iron Age. This is still a good album though, and since I've been entertaining the thought of collecting all Youngblood releases, it made sense to get the pre-order.

No comments: