Monday, March 13, 2006

Bring Your Daughter...

There is something about Iron Maiden that is magical to me. They were my favorite band while I was growing up. Piece of Mind was one of the first Metal albums that I bought. Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour was the second concert that I went to. As a kid, I spent so much time listening to this band, reading interviews, posting their album covers and pictures on my wall. I had a book about them that I read over and over again until the spine broke and the pages fell out. Before I had even listened to any of their songs, I remember walking through Spencer Gift's and being completely in awe of the Maiden posters and t-shirt designs. Magical. During my years in Thrash/Speed Metal and Hardcore/Punk, I lost interest in Maiden. At some point a couple of years ago I found that lost love, and once again found myself listening to all of their albums, reading the new edition of Run To The Hills, and once again being drawn into the artwork from the album covers. I had recently started collecting records and Maiden was re-releasing the single for The Number of the Beast on colored vinyl, and I thought that it would be fun to collect the albums and singles of this band.
There are a few versions of the single for Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter, but this is for the 12" version (which has different artwork than the 7" pressing). I picked this one up on eBay for $5.50. I don't usually buy from overseas sellers...postage is too expensive...but for this record the price was low enough that it didn't bother me.

No comments: