Saturday, February 18, 2006

In My Eyes



In My Eyes stand as my favorite Boston Straight Edge hardcore band. I can't count the number of times that I saw this band live. For numerous shows I would end up on stage and the singer, Sweet Pete, would hand the microphone over to me so that I could scream a verse or two. One of my fondest memories was from a show in Boston...it may have been the record release show for Nothing To Hide, but I can't be sure. I got up on stage during the song Lasting Values, and Pete handed the microphone to me. I was singing along and I looked out and saw this sea of people...all watching me on the stage. Since the chances of me ever really fronting a Straight Edge hardcore are pretty slim, it was always a charge to have Pete place me into that position. Years after the band had broken up, I got interested in collecting records, and since the band meant so much to me, In My Eyes was one of the first bands that I seriously set out to collect every pressing that they put out. This post is about the two copies of the demo 7 inch I received yesterday. Some kid on the Bridge Nine messageboard posted that he was looking to sell what he had of their demo, so I picked up the Euro Tour cover for $15 and the black vinyl pressing on Grapes of Wrath Records for $8. This may complete my collection for the Euro pressings of the demo.

No comments: