Sunday, October 27, 2013

Culture - Born Of Blue

Over the Summer, I was listening to a lot of Foundation, and it influenced me to load up my daily playlists with a bunch of mid-90's hardcore...Earth Crisis, Chokehold, One King Down, and especially Culture. Seemed like I couldn't listen to Foundation without immediately following it up with Culture's Born Of You album.

I don't think that I ever really listened to this album that much when I bought the CD back in 1996. In fact, I think I've only listened to it once or twice over the past 15 years. These days though, I am loving this kind of Vegan Straight Edge stuff. Even though the album cover for this Culture LP is one of the worst, I still desperately needed a copy.

Mike Warden used to run Conquer The World Records, and when I saw that he had a copy of both the blue and the orange vinyl on eBay, my mission was to win one of them. Truth be told, I wanted both of them, but in the end I settled for just the blue vinyl pressing.

As is often the case, this dark blue vinyl looks better when held up against the light.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Never really got into this band. Think I used to own this on dark red vinyl many moons ago, but sold it.

Anonymous said...

What a surprise to see this one on your blog! I think the Good Life pressing looks better. Although I have this in my collection also. I used to have it on red also but I sold it, to keep only one Conquer The World pressing. Still looking for the Good Life on clear also. I was more into their other recordings back then, but this one is regularly on rotation. Got into this full-length later on.