Sunday, October 20, 2013

Unwavering Spirit Of Nervous Impulse - Good Dudes, Part 3

I thought that if I did another serious of posts, it would motivate me to bang them out real quick. Hey, it worked with my REACT! posts. Not so much this time around, as I've just been having some difficulty finding the time to keep up with everything lately.

Still, I've enjoyed spotlighting some good dudes with these last few posts. Let's close out this series with the Nervous Impulse record that Chris over at Unwavering Spirit sent me.

I've been pretty excited about this record lately, and when I posted about it last month, Chris let me know that he had an extra copy of the band's self released pressing...if I was interested, it was mine. I was quick to reply that I was. You see, I was sure that I had seen a photo of this record on blue vinyl somewhere, and yet Bridge Nine's pressing info only listed it on yellow vinyl. I scoured the internet, desperate to find some info on this mysterious blue vinyl that I had seen, but I kept coming up empty handed. I was starting to think that maybe I'd imagined the whole thing, and it didn't really exist. Then Chris comes along with the proof that I needed to restore my sanity.

Not only was Chris gracious enough to send me his extra copy, he did so without asking to be paid for it. I offered to send him something to cover his costs, but he stated that he was just happy to get the word out on this great band. Thanks, man. Much appreciated.

The packaging on this pressing isn't much to speak of...and the Bridge Nine release is much better...but damn, that blue vinyl looks amazing.

2 comments:

Pim said...

I still need to pick this one up.

J@screamingforrecords said...

That record does look nice, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a record that quite looks like that