Monday, May 24, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

Sure I've got other records that I've received prior to these latest Rain On The Parade 7 inches, but I figured that I'd keep things rolling with this band. Once again, credit goes to Marcus for the tip on this eBay auction. The seller had a bunch of records that I had my eye on...they ended late at night so I threw a bunch of maximum bids on a handful, and in addition to 5 other wins, I added two more ROTP records to the collection.
First press on blue colored vinyl for mailorder. Hand numbered out of 200.

100 pressed on white vinyl.

I'm a nerd over pressing variations. While the first press includes the lyrics on a separate insert, the second press has the lyrics on the inside of the record sleeve.

First press with the blue cover, and red for the second press.

My War also used different photos on the back cover, and a slightly altered layout between pressings.

I love pictures of record collections. While my Rain On The Parade collection is far from complete, this is what I have so far.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Hey, great pic. You even managed to get one that I don't - the black vinyl with blue sleeve.

Mike said...

Marcus, you have been responsible for 2/3 of my ROTP collection. See what you can do about finding me a DC cover for Full Speed Ahead. Ha!