Monday, February 12, 2018

Farewell To '77

A couple years ago, I went on a tear with a bunch of punk albums from 1977. Metal and Rock from that year took a backseat at the time, and I was all about The Damned, Sex Pistols, and Heartbreakers. This time around, rock and metal from '77 takes center stage.

The plan was to start working my way through my playlists of the late 70's, and then immerse myself into the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal explosion around 1980. I ended up having so much fun just hanging out in 1977, and really appreciating some of the albums that were released that year, that I decided that the NWOBHM could wait, and I started picking up some vinyl for albums that I was currently obsessing over.

I love early Rush, but I don't usually venture past the 2112 album from 1976, so it was a nice surprise to finally discover and appreciate A Farewell To Kings. Man, right alongside Nutz and Quartz, I was spinning these songs day after day.

Don't you love it when an obsession doesn't break the bank? An easy score under $10, which makes you wonder why people are dropping $30 on the reissues from a couple years ago.

No comments: