Monday, February 26, 2018

Ballads From The Reissue Revolution

There was a time when Good Riddance was one of my favorite bands. Of course this was back when I was buying CDs exclusively, and didn't understand the appeal of colored vinyl...so now here I sit, years later, with a shitty record collection for the band...and if I want to pick them up now, I'll be looking at some high price tags. Some days I entertain the thought of making a run at them, but for the most part, it just seems to overwhelming, and I end up chasing something else instead.

Last month, Ralf over at It All Comes Down To This posted about a colored vinyl reissue for Ballads From The Revolution. Knowing how quickly Fat Wreck colored vinyl pressings seem to sell out, I was immediately disappointed that I didn't have some advance notice on this, and I resigned myself to a missed opportunity. A couple of days after Ralf's post, Marcus sent me a message to let me know that Fat Wreck still had some of the colored vinyl repress available. Since the last one that sold on Discogs went for $100, I decided that I'd take the cheap way out, and take advantage of the new pressing.

I've been listening to this album a lot over the past couple of weeks. Man, this thing still holds up. 20th anniversary and still going strong.

2 comments:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Glad you were still able to snag a copy. I’m in the same boat as you. I’d love to get all the records on colored vinyl, but that’d be an expensive commitment. Then again, I just saw a picture of a complete collection on Instagram and now the urge is stronger than Oh well.

Mike said...

Ha ha...the struggle is real.