Monday, July 10, 2017

Nightmare Shovell

I've got a weird relationship with Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell. With each record they release, I check out the latest music video, I absolutely love it...then I rush to buy the vinyl, which I give a few spins, and then I put it on the shelf and there it sits, pretty much ignored. I get all excited about it initially, and then it quickly becomes something I push to the side.

...and yet, I keep running to buy the latest Shovell release. Go figure.

When the new video for the latest single was released, I figured that I'd check it out. Videos from the Shovell, never fail to entertain, and with the one for Nightmare full of photos of naked girls from old magazines, it does not disappoint. The song itself is okay, but doesn't really grab me by the throat and command my attention...and the same goes for the b-side In A Damaged Brain. Good enough, I guess, but I don't know how often I'll be spinning this thing.

Only 100 pressed on black vinyl.

No comments: