Friday, June 30, 2017

Rocket To Russia

I've enjoyed the Ramones, on and off, over the years, but I've never really been that excited over them. I'd give their early stuff a listen now and then, but it wasn't anything that really came close to making my record collecting Want List...until last year. Last year, I became obsessed with Punk albums from 1977, and included in that all encompassing blaze were the Ramones.

Since that passion for late 70's punk was ignited, I've toyed with the idea of chasing the Ramones '77 albums, Leave Home and Rocket To Russia. With U.S. politics full of stories involving an orange president, Russian golden showers, and sketchy secret meetings, it helped to sway my decision.

Once again, Russia is rigging the selection process here in the U.S..

This album is a blast. Solid Punk Rock from start to finish.

No comments: