Sunday, November 24, 2013

Violent Justice

Back in July, Back To Back put up pre-orders for a couple of new records. I'd never heard of either band, but based on the strength of the label's history, I still bought every copy available. Back To Back stuff tends to sell out quick, and I wasn't going to waste any time dicking around trying to check out bandcamp pages. I put some faith in the label and hoped it didn't come back to bite me.

Blind Justice were an amazing surprise. This record rules...great Hardcore that makes me think of The Suicide File. I was immediately glad that I picked up all three pressings.

75 on blue, 125 on orange, and 300 on black vinyl.

Maybe because it was following up the greatness of the Blind Justice record, or maybe it was the harder edge to Violent Situation, but this record was kind of disappointing when I gave it the initial spin. I set it aside, and ignored it for a few weeks. When getting ready for this post, I put on the Violent Situation record again, and was surprised at how much more I was liking it. I can't hang with this "fuck positivity" mentality, but this is a great Hardcore record that isn't going to take any shit.

75 on red, 125 on clear, and 300 on black vinyl.

No comments: