Saturday, November 16, 2013

Rise Above Singles

Rise Above recently released a couple of 7 inch singles...well, since I'm about two months behind on my posts, I guess it wasn't that recent.

First up is the Uncle Acid single for Mind Crawler. This song is obviously from their latest album, so it was odd to see them release the single several months later. Still, I was interested in checking out the b-side song which is a Charles Manson cover. Yeah, it is a strange trip.

The packaging on this is great. Clear vinyl is limited to 100.

The Uncle Acid 7 inch was cool, but I was more interested in the one that Rise Above was releasing for Horisont. The band had a killer album last year, and I was very eager to check out some new songs. Writing On The Wall is a great preview of the new album, and the video is fucking over the top. Check it out if you are into seeing nuns drinking and driving, running over a baby, vomiting and then making out. Who isn't into that, am I right?

The back cover has an AC/DC Back In Black vibe going on with the layout. I love it. 100 pressed on orange vinyl.

No comments: