Monday, July 02, 2012

Think Twice

Back in the early 90's, there was a band out of Italy named Think Twice. They put out an LP on Crucial Response, and I managed to catch them live when they played in Boston during some kind of Suburban Voice showcase with Kingpin, Said & Done, and Third Degree. I liked 'em, so when I heard that Anger Battery was releasing a 7 inch this year from a new UK band with the same name, I was hesitant to check them out. I'm not a big fan of having different bands loaded to my ipod with the same name. It makes things messy...and I'm not a fan of messy. Funny enough, for everyone of those bands that played the SV showcase, there ended up being another Hardcore band that would come along years later with the same name.

Still, because of the strength of Anger Battery's recent records...Rearranged, Iron Curtain, Times Together...I've found that I need to check out anything they release. The Deficit Youth 7 inch should not be overlooked...blasting through 6 songs in under six minutes, including a great Beyond cover. I'm so glad that I didn't hesitate, and that I grabbed this one when I did.

There were 100 pressed on clear vinyl, 50 of them were going to be used for pre-orders and only 25 were stamped and numbered. The remainder when to the band for their UK tour. Clear vinyl also comes with colored dust sleeve that ties in with the colors from the record cover. Nice touch!

Number 24 of 25.

200 pressed on black?

No comments: