Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blood For Blood Red

This is dedicated to all the outcasts, white trash, and wasted youth. This one's for us. Our kind belongs nowhere. Welcome to exile. Welcome to nowhere. These are the outlaw anthems. So let's fuckin' go.

Blood For Blood are fuckin' hard. They ain't ever had nuthin'. They hang out at the local bar, asking the "gargoyle" waitress for a couple of drafts, and talk about about their jail time and hard luck. White trash from the streets...and proud of it.

Blood For Blood and I have pretty much zero in common. That said, I still love a good ol' "Fuck Society" anthem, and Blood For Blood have them in spades. So much hate for a system that keeps them down, and never cuts them a break...so much hate for the "MTV babies" of their generation...hate for that bitch called hope. Yeah, they've got some kind of hate, and it is fuckin' real. That is something that I can appreciate. When I saw that REVHQ was selling the classic Outlaw Anthems album on colored vinyl, I couldn't wait to pick up a copy.

I love the fact that they lyric sheet has nothing but explanations for each of their songs. They boys aren't apologizing, just stating that their words are the result of real shit that they deal with every day. While I can't always relate, I can respect.

Limited to 200 on red vinyl.

8 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

I hated this band initally but grew to love them. 'Revenge on society' is my favourite although this still smacks hard.

Mike said...

I used to completely hate them as well, Mark. It probably stemmed from the kind of kids that would show up for Blood For Blood shows...tough guys that seemed to just be looking for a fight. It really soured me on the band for the longest time, but once I really listened to their songs, I couldn't help but enjoy them.

mcs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mcs said...

When I saw the title of this post I figured it must be some clever wordplay, and could not possibly be about a Blood For Blood record because never in a million years would I have imagined that you would like this band.

For the record, I got sent their 1st Victory 7" and album when they came out, liked em and then carried on buying all their records... although, aside from 'Revenge on Society' (which I played about a million times) I think I probably only listened to each of the other records about once each. Weird huh?

Mike said...

Honestly, I've never even heard Revenge on Society. A friend forced me to listen to Livin' In Exile and Outlaw Anthems, and those are the only two that I've ever listened to.

Lins87 said...

love all of BFB stuff...just pure unadulterated dirty street hc

mcs said...

I got the rarest color of 'Revenge On Society' from the Victory Records fan club. Anyone remember that? Ha!

This is my favourite song from that record. Slow & hard into fast & hard, back to slow. Good formula.

Now, anyone into Sinners & Saints?

Mike said...

Never heard that song, Marcus. Got to say that Outlaw Anthems is much better than that one.

Rammalah I've heard, Sinners & Saints I have not.