Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pressure's On

This blog may not really reflect it, but I'm not always about Straight Edge Hardcore and Thrash Metal. Sometimes I just want to skank it up in the circle pit with some punk rock. In the mid-90's, Al Quint was packaging a bonus 7 inch with his Suburban Voice fanzine. With issue number 16, Al included a 7 inch with Hellbender, Showcase Showdown, and Rhythm Collision. It was my introduction to all three bands and I fell in love with each one of them.

The Rhythm Collision song was After Hours (Oh Yeah), and I immediately rushed out to pick up the album which the song appeared on, Clobberer!. Band was fast, melodic and catchy as hell. A short time after that, my brother picked up the CD which contained the bands first two albums, Pressure and Now, which I copied from him and burned to a CDR.

I was listening to them at work one day recently and realized that I still did not own a proper copy of those first two albums. A quick trip to eBay and I had found a copy of their 1991 debut album, Pressure. It was listed with a Buy It Now option for $6.00, with free shipping. Sold.

No comments: