Saturday, November 13, 2010

Double Vision, Second Pressing

The popularity of ON has caused REACT! Records to do a second pressing of the Double Vision LP. The first pressing was around 1,150 records, with 5 different versions (which reminds me that I still need the Euro tour cover), and REACT! decided to do do another 1,000 to keep the kids happy.


400 pressed on clear, and 600 pressed on black vinyl.

To differentiate between the first and second press, especially for the black vinyl, REACT! had "33 RPM" added to the a-side labels.

A less subtle difference between the two pressing is the variation of the blue color used on the album cover. The blue on the first press is very dark, while the second pressing looks slightly purple. You can see that, right? Please tell me that I'm not the only nerd here.

Inventory check for Praise. I've got the pink, orange, and the green vinyl. I've got the transition press. All I need is the black vinyl to complete the collection, so I decided to grab a copy when I ordered the ON LP. Hey wait, this isn't black. They sent me the wrong one. I guess I'll have to place another order to get the one that I'm still missing. Shit, it's now sold out.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Deathwish has the Praise EP on black! http://deathwishinc.com/estore/product/RXR009v.html

Anonymous said...

Ok, cool Mike! Thanks a lot for the info. I see the difference in shades of blue also. Good photo by the way.