Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cry Wolf

I'm not terribly excited about this post. In case you don't know, Wolf Whistle features Pat Flynn, of Have Heart fame, on vocals. If you want a Have Heart knock off, you will want to look somewhere else. Wolf Whistle is ugly...nothing uplifting here...just pure rage in the same vein as The Swarm or maybe Mind Eraser. I may be off base on the Mind Eraser comparison, but I'll use it because, like Wolf Whistle, they don't leave a lasting impression on me. It's not that I don't like it, it's just no longer a style of hardcore that I easily embrace. I'll continue to give it a spin...my buddy, Rob, really likes them and I will be going to see them play with True Colors in a couple of weeks, so I'll keep kicking it around and see if it grows on me. This copy is from the second press on Triple-B Records and limited to 200.

No comments: