Sunday, August 30, 2009

Boston Straight Edge

Have Heart's last show is scheduled for October 17th...Edge Day. While I really like Have Heart, the bands that I'm looking forward to the most are No Tolerance and Step Forward. I recently received the No Tolerance 7 inch the other day, and this thing is awesome. Featuring Justin DeTore and Chris Corry from Mind Eraser, but No Tolerance play a style of music that is closer to DYS and Project X. Unapologetically straight edge, raging and in your face. With songs that bring you back to the Chorus Of Disapproval album, claiming to be the judge and the jury, and a condemnation of fake edge bands like Boston X. Thing rips from start to finish. Boston Straight Edge! Drug Free Youth!

4 comments:

Wade said...

this band is so good, where can i get this 7" @?

Mike said...

I picked it up in the Painkiller Records store.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to do a write up of this too! I just got mine in the mail as well, I hope this gets beyond the demo stage, it reminds me a lot of Confront; mean sounding Hardcore! I just may have to pick up another spare copy, it really is that good.

Doug W said...

Hey Mike, I got a chill when I read your header on Boston Straight edge and thought we might have posted the same thing! Crisis averted. All good.

Can you email me? I have a huge favor to ask if you are going to the last Have Heart show! I just saw them last week. It was fantastic.