Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Steps From The Past

Bottled Up Records recently released the What We Know Sessions from The First Step. As the story goes, TFS broke up during the Spring of 2001. When they got back together at the end of the year, they went into the studio and banged out these six tunes that which, as Stephen writes in the excellent overview on the inside cover, "explain the core spirit and ideology of TFS". The majority of these songs ended up being re-recorded with Walter from Gorilla Biscuits for the What We Know LP, with the exception of Cutting Through, which showed up on a MRR comp, but this session captures the band boiling over with positivity and passion for what the future holds for them. This record stands as a fitting tribute to a band that went out at the top of their game.
Bottled Up released three pressings of this, but I only ordered two copies. I received the hand numbered black vinyl pressing (number 56 of 100), as well as the clear blue pressing (limited to 150). There is also a white vinyl pressing that is limited to 250, and I'll have to pick that up at some point as well.

4 comments:

www.vinyledge.com said...

i got three colors of that record ;)

mcs said...

I only found out about this record after seeing your post about the test press. Where was this advertised exactly? Is this something I missed out on because I don't read the B9 message board?

www.vinyledge.com said...

myspace and livewire

Mike said...

Yeah, I may have seen it on a Myspace bulletin. That is all I really use myspace for...to be friends with bands and labels so that I can keep up when the new stuff is up for pre-order.

I typically stay away from the B9 board as well...way too much shit is posted on that thing.