Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Test Of Time

It feels like it has been ages since Bridge Nine put out a record for a Straight Edge band. Looking at their discography, I guess they did have the Foundation LP last year, so I guess it hasn't really been that long. I guess it just feels like it's been a while because I generally tend to have zero interest in what that label releases nowadays.

When I saw the cover of the new Test Of Time 7 inch that Bridge Nine was releasing, I was very interested in checking it out. That bold red X across the front certainly helped in grabbing my attention.

Overall, this just falls a bit flat for me. The vocals are very unique, and sometimes this can help to separate bands from the pack and give them a signature sound. I really want to love this, but really, it's just okay.

Bridge Nine did pull all the stops when I comes to the packaging though. The vinyl looks great, and the five panel, die cut cover is extremely well done. I love how this thing looks.

100 pressed on red smoke vinyl.

While placing my pre-order with B9 for the new record, I noticed that they also had the vinyl pressing of the band's 2012 demo, Inclusion, available as well. I had downloaded it, and while it didn't immediately grab me, I was hoping it would grow on me, so I bought a copy. Meh...I don't know if it ever will, but at least I didn't buy three copies of the damn thing.

1 comment:

Wei L. said...

great EP, they aren't bad live at all either. i'm still waiting for Todd to put up the rest of the record release covers.