Saturday, November 30, 2013

Aftershock From Motorhead

20 posts in one month. Do you know when the last time this happened on this blog? Never. This sets a new high for me.

It is crunch time right now, and I've been working hard over the past month to catch up with my backlog of 2013 releases before the year end. Plus, when I saw that Marcus was posting daily, I made it my mission to try to keep up with him. I fell a little short of his production, but I've made some serious progress this month. I still have 13 more posts lined up...and a few more new releases scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks...so I can't let up now. I've got to keep churning them out if I have any hope of catching up before January.

Lemmy is closing in on his 68th birthday, and it was a tough year, healthwise, for him. So you've got to give him a ton of respect for still being able to turn out another great Rock/Metal record.

Motorhead doesn't change their formula for Aftershock, although there are a couple of bluesy tracks included on this one, and Lemmy sounds as solid and as raw as ever. There is no such thing as a bad Motorhead record.

Aftershock has one of my favorite Motorhead album covers of all time, and the "amber" colored vinyl looks amazing as well.

No comments: