Monday, July 09, 2012

There's No Justice

Try as I might, I can't keep up with every band. Sometimes even the great ones fail to really get my attention for years. Such is the case with Justice. Something clicked with me recently, and now I can't get enough of this band. It doesn't matter which record it is, I'm loving it all. In fact, this week I've been frantically searching ebay for new Justice vinyl. Unfortunately, I've been coming up empty. Welcome to my new obsession.

Because I was a little slow on the draw, I'd never heard the first Justice record, Look Alive, until a couple years ago. Listening to it now, I'm wondering why it has taken me so long to finally buy a copy.

With the Breakout demo on the B side, this thing rules from start to finish.

4 comments:

mcs said...

Saw this band a few times. They always put on a real good live show. First time I saw them play the singer did a somersault on the stage onto his back. Made me laugh. One of the best shows I saw them play was with Underdog in 2006. There's a great video on youtube HERE. The best bit is when I briefly appear at dead on 2 minutes, for about 5 seconds.

Mike said...

Saw them play one time at Posi-Numbers 2005. They played an impressive set, but I didn't know any of their songs, so I hung out off to the side.

Great video, but after watching it three times, I can't tell which one you were.

mcs said...

I didn't think you'd spot me. But in case you want to watch it again, at 2 minutes dead on I fly in to the top right of the picture trying to get to the front, but getting swept away in the crowd. Grey hoody, black jeans, black hat. It's not that great, but you have to understand that I'd travelled probably 20 feet across people's heads just to get to where I got.

I seem to remember I ended up laying on people on the stage at the end but can't be sure if i can spot myself on this vid as the resolution isn't high enough. Still, great show. My last day in the north of the country before I moved 200 miles south...

Mike said...

Ha ha ha...saw you!