Sunday, March 07, 2010

A Thought Crusade


If you are into hardcore at all, then I don't understand how you couldn't be more stoked on the current scene. There are so many great bands that are out there right now. I've got a burned CD that includes Alert, Face Reality, Not Sorry, and the latest in my long list of loves, Thought Crusade. Seriously, the four seven inches released by these bands over the past year get constant rotation in my vehicle and daily playlists. Throw in the incredible REACT! Records roster, and hardcore is running at the top of it's game right now.

I'd never heard Thought Crusade before, but last month Stephen from The First Step posted on the REACT! messageboard that he was looking for mp3s of their new 7 inch. Someone posted a link, so I figured that I'd check them out. Damn, I was immediately impressed. Their song, The Tightrope, has got a hook that doesn't let go, and makes me want to sing along and stagedive. After listening to the mp3s of the It's Our War 7 inch, I headed over to the Triple B Records site and ordered a copy on green vinyl (limited to 400). A couple of weeks later, I was able to pick up the pre-order pressing on clear vinyl (limited to 100) from eBay for only $3.00.

2 comments:

mindset said...

hi mike i have the 2 seven great hard core the singer went on sidewalk and expired youth

Kyle said...

i love this band.