Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mob Rules

I had never heard of The Rival Mob until Sven turned me on to them a couple of months ago. I was blown away. It was rough, raw and ugly. Hardcore. I loved it and immediately set out to get myself a copy on vinyl. It was released on Lockin' Out Records, and to be honest, I had no idea that this label was still around, nor did I know where to pick up their stuff. I was checking through the distro list at the Six Feet Under store, and managed to find a copy there, so I picked it up. To my surprise, The Rival Mob ended up playing Have Heart's last show on Edge Day. I didn't think they were a part of the original line up, but it was cool to check them out live. To balance out their negativity, they did a cover of Crippled Youth's Positive Scene, which was a nice touch.

2 comments:

AdRock said...

I've been hearing a lot of buzz around this band, I'll have to check them out--they were among the many I missed last weekend.

mcs said...

Never heard this band. Are they any good?