Monday, July 13, 2009

True Blue

The pricing was insanely high to ship overseas to the States, but when pre-orders went up for the new True Colors LP, Rush Of Hope, there was no way that I was going to pass it up. My first order directly from Powered and I was not disappointed. Man, the packaging on this LP is top notch. Everything from the album cover with the beautiful gatefold sleeve, to the printed dust sleeve with the pre-order stamp...even the special issue of the Powered Records fanzine...this thing looks fantastic. But how does it sound?

It took me about 2 weeks to finally drop the needle into the grooves on this one. The delay was mostly due to lack of time, because when I first hear an album, I want to really absorb myself into it. I really prefer to either lock myself away in my Music Room, or give it a first listen in the car, on the way to work. The other reason for the delay was out of fear. Sometimes when I get a new record from a band that I love, I'm really hesitant to give it that first listen. I get worried that somehow it will leave me disappointed. Well, no worries here. This album is amazing from start to finish as True Colors continue to rise to the top of the current Straight Edge Hardcore scene.

While placing my pre-order, I noticed that Powered also had a "special version" of the Rhythm Of Madness LP. I'm not sure why they made this special version, but it was limited to 50, so I decided to pick one up.


Pretty cool alternate sleeve. Mine is number 8 of 50.

I also picked up a copy of the Common Cause LP on clear vinyl (limited to 220). Another amazing, straight forward hardcore band on Powered. Man, I love this album.

6 comments:

Wade said...

i wanted to get the true colors record, but the shipping to the u.s. was so much.

Onno said...

Saw True Colors live this year. What a crappy band they were... :-(

betty said...

the rttm record version is the last press version of the album.
great band by the way.

Pim said...

I don't know when you saw them Onno, but everytime I see them they're absolutely great. And I'm not even that much into them.

Aside from that I really expected to read something about "True Blue" here. Great band :)

Mike said...

Onno, didn't you see them at some huge festival. I can't imagine a small hardcore band would be able to really show their true colors (sorry for the bad pun) in that setting. Band is too good to suck live.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Don't mean to spam but I've got a load of stuff up on ebay again, Euro pressings + label releases;

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/national-insurance-blacklist_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

Enjoy
-James
www.ruinandwreck.blogspot.com