Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Face Reality

Back in January, Youngblood Records posted on their Facebook page that they were going to be releasing a new record from Face Reality. I really liked their Positive Change 7 inch that Dead End Records released back in 2009, and I thought they would be a perfect fit for Youngblood.

I originally ordered and received the Positive Change 7 inch from Dead End on red vinyl. I was too slow to order the blue vinyl as well, and soon after my original order, the douche at Dead End took everyone's money for the split 7 inch with Outlast and Reveal The Truth, and he disappeared...fucking over a bunch of hardcore kids, and leaving a stack of records to collect dust in his closet. Awesome, dude. Way to rip people off. At least the guy at Upside Down Records had the balls to admit his mistakes with the live Mindset LP, and make sure that everyone got what they ordered.

When Youngblood posted the news about adding Face Reality to their roster, I commented that I wished I had ordered the Positive Change 7 inch on blue when I had the chance. David Conrad used to be involved with Dead End, and when he sensed that things were getting shady, he got out before it completely went South. Seeing my comment on Facebook, David let me know that he had a few copies of the Positive Change record on black vinyl if I was interested. It wasn't the blue copy that I wanted, but hell yeah, I'll take one.

No comments: