Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Risky Business

Once again, I'm late to the party. Where the hell was I during this time frame in Hardcore? First, I missed out on Iron Boots, and now I'm sitting here scratching my head on why it took me 6 years to finally check out Risky Business. This shit is so much fun...straight up Lockin' Out style. When they sing "turn that fuckin' frown upside down" on Loosen Up, man, I can't help but smile. Just a good time.

Look, I really like this band, but I don't know if they were really popular enough to warrant 250 copies of a tour press. Seems like a lot to me. Did they sell all 250 on tour?!? Well hell, they did tour Canada, the US, and Europe, and I apparently had no idea what was going on in Hardcore for 2004/2005, so what do I know?

4 comments:

mcs said...

I have a Risky Business 7". I got it in about 2005. I think I listened to it once. I don't remember it being any good. Maybe I should dig it out again...

Mike said...

Check it out again. I'm really liking them.

mindset said...

i see them in paris and i buy their cd very good band on live

Kyle said...

I saw this band in a garage sometime in 06. Was pretty cool.