Sunday, September 17, 2006

Reincarnation of Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden is back with a new album, A Matter of Life and Death. The other day I picked up the first single, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg. It was released as a 10 inch record on clear vinyl. I love the artwork on this single. It reminds me of those classic Iron Maiden covers that Derek Riggs did for the band years ago. The song is pretty good too, but the two songs chosen for the b-side I could do without. How many more live versions of The Trooper and Run To The Hills do we need?

I'm going to see Maiden in Boston in October. There is floor seating for the show, and I have tickets for the third row, center stage. Sweet seats, but I'm not sure how I feel about floor seating for this show. On the one hand, it will be nice to hang out with my wife and friends during the show, who would not be up front otherwise. But come on, floor seats for a metal concert is kind of weak. The last concert that I went to that had floor seats was Harry Connick Jr. years ago. It is going to seem strange being up front at a show and not getting pushed around and crushed. I haven't seen Iron Maiden since they toured to support the Seventh Son album, and the new album is real good, so it should be a fun show anyway.

No comments: