Friday, December 30, 2011

Step Aside 2011...Bring On 2012

I started off December with a goal to post all of the 2011 releases that had been piling up in my blog backlog. Sure, I'm still about 25 posts behind, but at least I've reached my goal this month and cleaned up all the new releases...plus 16 posts for November and December ain't too bad either.

Over the summer, Double Cross posted about four new bands that you should check out. One of those bands was Step Aside. I'd never heard of them before, but they certainly looked like a band that I'd be into. When Life To Live Records put up the pre-orders, I jumped in to order all three pressings.

In case you couldn't tell from varsity jackets and X'd up hands on the record cover, Step Aside are a Straight Edge Hardcore band...and they play the style very well. It is probably no surprise that I love this record.

125 pressed on blue vinyl with an alternate cover.

125 pressed on green vinyl.

225 pressed on black.

No comments: