Saturday, September 12, 2009

Another Day, Another Record

A couple of months back, I spent a lot of money on records. Seriously, I was out of control. As a part of my record frenzy, I took a chance on the Debaser 7 inch from Just Another Day Records. Not only did I take a chance on buying a 7 inch from a band that I hadn't really heard before, I bought 4 copies...then I ended up paying too much in shipping so the label threw in a tour press as well, so make that 5 copies. My risk paid off, because this record is amazing...one of the best new bands for 2009. Imagine if The Nerve Agents had a head on collision with Panic...from the remains of the wreckage, you would find Debaser's Rich White Boys 7 inch. I can't say enough good things about this record.
The pressings on this remind me of the Have Heart demo from Bottled Up Records. The record was just released, and there are already a ton of different colors and transition presses. Those that don't really "get it" will crap all over this and say that there are too many pressings. Screw them, I love it and want them all.
Here we go...the pre-order pressing is limited to 107 on a dark magenta vinyl (although the pictures here make it look black), and the dust sleeve is hand numbered and personalized...plus mine has a note about the blog (thanks Seb!). The lilac/pink color is the tour pressing and limited to 84. Then there were 100 on blue, 110 on neon yellow, and 87 on solid orange.

1 comment:

Wade said...

i think it's safe to say that we love tons of variations in pressings.