Monday, December 26, 2011

Give It Time

When I first heard Give, I really wanted them to jump out and knock me on my ass. I dug some of their stuff, but overall, they didn't immediately blow me away. Here we are, a year after I received my first piece of Give vinyl, and about two and a half years since I first saw them live, and I can finally say that I'm starting to "get it". The more I listen to this band, and the more two song 7 inches they release, the more I get into them.

Sure, I picked up the Heaven Is Waiting 7 inch last year...it was released on REACT!, and my obsession with that label insisted that I buy all available pressings. Then when the Boots Of Faith 7 inch was released by Deranged, it hardly made a blip on my radar. I'm not sure where my head was at, but I ignored the Deranged release, and couldn't be bothered to grab a copy before the colored vinyl was sold out. Triple B recently released the I Am Love 7 inch, and it was perfect timing as I was really just starting to get into the band. Something finally clicked, and I was really starting to dig what this band was doing. Now, with new records due from Youngblood and Painkiller, I couldn't be more stoked on this band.

I Am Love was limited to 200 on clear vinyl.

6 comments:

Glued To The Genre said...

Just out of curiosity, did this just ship out to you?

Mike said...

I may have received this a couple weeks ago.

Dan Emery said...

Give is so awesome, and I already have copies of the Painkiller and Youngblood 7"s. Both of the releases are really great!

mcs said...

Cool to see this.

Did you also get the Bane LP reissue in the same package?

Mike said...

I did get the Bane as well, Marcus. I'm trying to blast through the new 2011 releases before the year end, so Bane got stuck on the blog backburner.

mcs said...

Yeah man, I understand. I just wanted to see if they were mailing out. Although I can see from Doug's blog today that they are!