Monday, August 01, 2011

Open Your Eyes

A wise man once wrote "I should have more Youth Of Today records in my life". There it was, a truth that so obvious that I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of it myself. I know that I'm never going to have an impressive Youth of Today collection, and when Revelation Records reissued Can't Close My Eyes, I gave it a moments thought and moved on. When I read those words however, I knew that even though I would probably never own some of their rarest records, I still needed to buy the vinyl for one of my favorite hardcore bands of all time when the opportunity presented itself.

There has been all kinds of talk about the reissues that REV did for Youth of Today in 1997. The general consensus was that they looked like shit, and for the most part, I'd agree. So it was nice to see that lessons were learned and REV went back to the original artwork for the 2011 pressing. I don't own an original Positive Force pressing, nor do I own the vinyl for the Caroline re-press, so I can't compare them...all I've got is the Can't Close My Eyes cassette from Caroline. Maybe I'll get there someday.



443 on red vinyl, and 562 on some weird purple/grey mix marble vinyl.

No comments: