Monday, October 23, 2006

Black Sabbath, White Label


I recently won a copy of Black Sabbath's Master of Reality off ebay recently. This thing looks amazing...such great condition...and to top it off, it has a white promo label and the original poster. Won it for $30, and is a great addition to my Sabbath collection.
My Sabbath collection is pretty pathetic right now. It consists mostly of the Earmark Records reissues that were released a couple of years ago. I think my only non-Earmark records are the Mob Rules and Born Again LP's, plus the Canadian pressing of Masters of Reality...oh yeah, I almost forgot the Korean pressing that I have of Volume 4.
A friend of mine recently directed me to a great site that documents the Black Sabbath discography at http://sabbath.se/. This site details all the different pressings for the Ozzy era with Sabbath. Seriously, the quickest way for me to gain interest in collecting vinyl for a band is if I have a list that I can use to check them off one by one. Judging from the size of the the list, the Sabbath collection will be a work in progress for many, many years.

No comments: