I wasn't aware that there was a new Red Death record on the way, but when I was in the Triple B store picking up the Unified Right album, and I noticed that there were preorders up for Red Death as well.
Red Death is one of those bands that continually flies under the radar for me, and I always forget just how good they are. Last year, the band released their two song 7 inch, Deterrence...and while I enjoyed it, I hadn't bothered to listen to it in about a year. I gave it a spin while preparing this blog post, and I was like, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, this band is so good. Why don't I listen to Red Death more often?"
With Formidable Darkness, Red Death keep on doing their thing. With a dirty and dark Crossover sound, the band always remind me of Iron Age, and are absolutely crushing.
200 pressed on clear red and orange swirl colored vinyl. I know that the pictures make it look like it is just red vinyl, but you'll have to see it in real life to see the different colors in this thing.
'Why don't I listen to [insert band name here] more often?' is a question I seem to ask myself all the time.
ReplyDelete