When I was picking up the new Gruesome single, I noticed that Relapse also had a new record available to preorder for The Obsessed. Seemed like a good time to finally check them out, so I queued up the video for the new song Sacred...and then immediately added the record to my shopping cart.
This album plays tricks on me. On the one hand, I really like these stoner/doom jams...and then on the other hand, I'm thinking that the entire thing is too long, clocking in just under an hour. By the time it is over, I find myself thinking that I can stick in on a shelf and forget about it for a while....and yet when Sodden Jackal kicks the album off, I'm so impressed that I think I could listen to the album every day. Such conflict. Maybe I should start by taking the Thin Lizzy cover, It's Only Money, out of the rotation.
750 pressed on red with gold splatter colored vinyl.
You should also check out the album Jug Fulla Sun, by Spirit Caravan. Another great band with Wino singing.
ReplyDelete