Yeah baby, here is Motorhead's No Remorse double album compilation with the faux leather cover. As far as I know this is the only record made that is packaged within a leather cover. The entire packaging is amazing. The trademark Motorhead logo is stamped on the front cover with a metallic silver, while the back cover has the song titles stamped in the same fashion. The record sleeves are a nice thick paperboard displaying the song lyrics, including a quote from Lemmy on how each song came to be, plus lots of photos of the band, and then a great historical overview. Very well done. I saw it on eBay and took a chance, winning it for only $10. Turns out it was the Earmark Records 2004 vinyl re-issue, which sells for $35 retail. As much as I was hoping that it was the original 1984 Bronze Records pressing, I'm quite happy to pick up this copy for the price that I did. I have seen in some places online that this was limited to 1,000. Friday, July 28, 2006
No Life 'Til Leather
Yeah baby, here is Motorhead's No Remorse double album compilation with the faux leather cover. As far as I know this is the only record made that is packaged within a leather cover. The entire packaging is amazing. The trademark Motorhead logo is stamped on the front cover with a metallic silver, while the back cover has the song titles stamped in the same fashion. The record sleeves are a nice thick paperboard displaying the song lyrics, including a quote from Lemmy on how each song came to be, plus lots of photos of the band, and then a great historical overview. Very well done. I saw it on eBay and took a chance, winning it for only $10. Turns out it was the Earmark Records 2004 vinyl re-issue, which sells for $35 retail. As much as I was hoping that it was the original 1984 Bronze Records pressing, I'm quite happy to pick up this copy for the price that I did. I have seen in some places online that this was limited to 1,000.
Dude
ReplyDeleteI love your site.
I have this Motorhead LP set but it's all messed up. The story goes that the night I bought it, I went out with some friends for a bro's birthday party. We drank giant frozen alcoholic drinks and in a drunken haze, everyone I was with signed one of the lp sleeve inserts. Why I had them do this, I have no idea. One of the dudes I was hanging out with got into a fight with another person in the club and the fight spilled out into the street. Somehow the LP fell and got a few scuff marks on the leather. When I got woke the following morning, I looked at the record and just shook my head in disgust. When everyone signed it, I neglected of course to remove the record and all the signatures went thru to the vinyl. Totally one of the dumbest things i've ever done with a cool record. I still have it among all my stuff.
ha ha ha...that's a great story, but what a waste of a record!
ReplyDelete