When I saw that I had post number 666 coming up, I knew that I needed to get a record that would be appropriate. I originally bought the Possessed album, Beyond The Gates, on cassette in '86 or '87, and then in '88 I bought the CD release on Combat that included the Eyes Of Horror EP. After having a conversation with Doug about the Beyond The Gates LP recently, I've been listening to this album a lot lately. I figured it was time to buy it again...this time on the format that I love the most...vinyl!
The packaging on this is excellent. It is hard to believe that a band was able to convince their record label to spend the extra money for this in the mid-80's.
The "gates" of the front cover open to reveal the wastelands of Hell.
The cover keeps folding out for a full six panel spread. Impressive.
Once I realized that I had post number 666 on the horizon, I didn't have much time to react. I quickly jumped on to eBay and started my search. While I would have preferred the Combat pressing, I was happy to settle for the UK pressing on Under One Flag.
Congrats on reaching the dark lords favourite number!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is an insane amount of posts! We all appreciate them though!!
ReplyDelete