Monday, September 26, 2022

All In A Dream

As much as I've been excited about checking out new records from hardcore bands, there are still times when that old jaded monster comes to the surface. It has been six years since we had last heard from Praise with Leave It All Behind, and I'd assumed that the band was dead and gone... and for some reason, I was okay with that. As much as I'd really liked the past Praise records, when I heard that they had a new album being released on Revelation, it felt like a chore to have spend any time checking out their new stuff. Again, I can't explain why I was a bit put off at the thought of a new Praise record, but I was really prepared to hate on this thing.
I didn't want to like All In A Dream, and with that mindset it was easy to dismiss it after previewing a couple of songs. No thanks. I'll pass.

A couple of months later, I found myself in a more open minded attitude and wanting something fresh, so I queued up that new Praise record again. Oh damn. I've made a terrible mistake. This record is actually a good time, and once I was rolling with the vibes that this record was putting out, I was totally down with these songs. Shit. Now I needed the record, but the color vinyl appeared to be sold out everywhere.

I was checking Discogs every other day hoping to find someone that was listing a colored vinyl pressing at a reasonable price. I got lucky when I stumbled across a new listing for $23, and I didn't hesitate to grab it before someone else beat me to it. I'm not sure where I'll end up ranking this album at the end of the year, and it probably won't crack the Top 10, but it certainly has been a pleasant surprise... but I guess that's what you get when you go in with rock bottom expectations.

3 comments:

Nico said...

Refreshing to see a lot of non-NWOBHM posts on your blog. ;)

Mike said...

Hardcore is too exciting. Little time to pay attention to NWOBHM right now. Ha!

luciferyellow said...

This reminds me a lot of a Revolution summer DC band, or more specifically Rain