Monday, October 25, 2021

Fire Your Guns

When I started to chase AC/DC Australian pressings a few years ago, my plan was to limit this quest to only the Bon Scott albums. When it came to the debate of Bon Scott vs. Brian Johnson, I was always Team Bon. The last couple of years, however, has seen my appeciation for those Brian Johnson records grow and grow... and when I started looking to add The Razors Edge to the record collection, I made the decision to not go cheap.
I didn't pay any attention to The Razors Edge when it was released in 1990. AC/DC were too soft for me at that time, and for the most part I just wanted to thrash. I was familiar with the two singles, Thunderstruck and Money Talks, but they were worlds away from Megadeth's Rust In Peace and Kreator's Coma Of Souls so I wasn't going to fuck around with that weak shit. It probably took me a good 10+ years before I even bothered listening to The Razors Edge, and it wasn't until recently that I really started to love this album. There are some fantastic AC/DC songs here, with Fire Your Guns and the title track absolutely blowing me away with how great they are.
When I started looking to pick up a copy of this record, I knew that I needed the Aussie pressing. The center labels for both the US and UK ATCO pressings were boring, and I really dislike the reissue labels... so the Australian pressings was the only one that was going to make me happy. Yes, I opted to spend more money for the pressing with the better center labels. Either you understand or you don't...and if you don't, what the fuck are you doing here?

No comments: